I think journaling is a valuable habit to have, mainly because it helps you contain all the mess in your mind and clarify your thoughts. I have been trying to integrate journalling into my everyday life, but sometimes it can be hard to motivate myself to get up and do it. When I travel, I find it easy to journal every day, but when I am just at home, I feel like I don’t have anything valuable to write down.
When I do maintain a consistent journalling habit, I notice there are a lot of benefits, it helps me to keep the creative juices flowing, it’s a great way to capture and refine ideas.
It is also a great stress management tool, life can be overwhelming, so writing everything down can stop you from making mountains out of molehills and holding onto beliefs that seem kind of silly when they are put down on paper. It’s a great way to sort through your candid, brutally honest thoughts, you can say anything on paper and then the weight is lifted off your shoulders. Once the thoughts are written down, it can be easier to move on!
It’s also a great way to manifest what you want, writing things down helps me to clarify what is important in my life, and focus on those areas instead of the everyday crap that won’t really matter in the long term. It’s also a great way to keep track of my goals and gives you the ability to look back and see how far you have come.
I have made a list of journal prompts that have helped me to grow my journalling habit and helped me to learn a bit about myself.
1) What are you proud of yourself for?
2) Who is your greatest role model?
3) What habits would you like to develop?
4) How could I take better care of myself?
5) Where do you want to be?
6) What energises you?
7) What little victories have you had this week?
8) What do you forgive yourself for?
9) What brings you peace
10)Do you always act in your own self interest?
11)What do you want to do more often?
12) What does your ideal life look like?
13) What is your relationship with money like?
14) Where do you want to travel?
15) What kind of friend do you want to be?
16)What is your ideal morning routine?
17) What’s one thing you would like to change in your life?
18) When people first meet me, I hope they feel…
19) How do I feel at the moment?
20) What traits are you glad you inherited from your parents?
21) What are your mood boosters?
22) What are you glad you failed at?
23) What would your Patronus be?
24) What would you tell your younger self?
25) What does spirituality mean to you?
26) Where do you want to be in five years?
27) What habit do you want to eliminate?
28) Why do certain things annoy you?
29) What do you do to please others- why?
30) What are you thankful for?
What do you like to journal about?